Welcome to the Kentucky VINELink homepage. The VINELink system is an information and notification resource that provides crime victims and other concerned citizens free, prompt and confidential notification and status information for: Offender Status, Offenders with Court Cases, and Protective Orders. This resource works in conjunction with the automated VINE services provided by the Kentucky Department of Corrections, Victim Services Branch.
In December 1994, Jefferson County established the nation's first automated victim notification system in response to the brutal murder in Louisville, KY of Mary Byron one year earlier. Her former boyfriend kidnapped and raped her and had been incarcerated in the Jefferson County Jail. Fearing that he might pose a danger to her, Mary and her parents asked to be notified if he were released. The jail officials failed to notify them. As a result she was murdered on her twenty-first birthday.
In 1996, Kentucky Department of Corrections implemented the Victim Information and Notification Everyday (VINE) system, making Kentucky the first state in the nation to provide this service on a statewide basis.
- The petitioner or his/her children have a Domestic Violence Order issued by a Kentucky Court or registered with a Kentucky court clerk,
- The DVO is still in effect,
- The order is: against an intimate partner or, against his/her own parent or, on behalf of petioners child against his/her parent.
During this time, searching and registering against offenders located at the specific Agency is not possible.
2. Why is the Agency Off Line?
Data from the listed Agency is currently unavailable in the VINE system due to one or more of the following possibilities (not an all inclusive list):
- Agency System Upgrades (upgrades to agency network and infrastructure, etc.)
- General Maintenance (jail system changes, hardware upgrades, software upgrades, etc.)
- Loss of Connectivity between Systems (internet providers lines are down, network configuration, etc.)
3. When will they be back Online?
Unfortunately, due to the varying possibilities the Agency could be off line for, it is difficult to provide a specific time they will be back online. Please check back periodically for availability of Agency.
If you would like details about an offender such as an update in status you may call the Agency directly.
You are being redirected to the Kentucky Courts website to search for court cases and register for notification.